Procrastination. There is a fine art to this. I have learned that there is no motivation like panic.
So, as I write this third novel, with the first two unpublished, I find myself lacking a certain amount of motivation. A lack of motivation is where the fine art of procrastination begins.
Without proper motivation, I am easily distracted by facebook, yahoo news, The Fug Girls, twitter, Bejeweled Blitz, spider solitaire, cats, facebook, people.com, television, and facebook.
What would be proper motivation? Let's make a list!
1. A book deal (I'm laughing hysterically in my head)
2. Panic (Alas, since I'm no longer writing for grades, this doesn't really apply)
3. Money (although, that's really number 1)
4. A huge fan base (I'm laughing in my head again)
5. The internet is broken (I'm wondering if that will ever happen)